Sunday, October 21, 2007

Just a little about me

I love Irish Wolfhounds and fiber arts, especially hand spinning.

I am the proud owner of Lagan, a 3 1/2 year old male Irish Wolfhound and two cats. We bred our Wolfhound to a sweet Wolfhound girl that lives nearby. She was pregant with 14 puppies, and gave birth to 10 live babies on October 7th.

I would have loved to be there when the puppies were being born, but I was on my way to SOAR (Spin-Off Autumn Retreat) in Michigan. The litter consists of 4 girls and 6 boys. We get the pick of the litter. I would like to have a girl puppy this time. We have only had male Wolfhounds, so this will be a change.

I am a spinner primarily and a knitter secondly. I attended SOAR (Spin-Off Autumn Retreat) in 2006 and 2007.

I learned to spin in Belfast (Northern Ireland) at the Ulster Heritage Museum. It was a great experience with a wonderful instructor. I have been spinning for about 4 years. I was taught to knit shortly afterward to have something to do with my handspun yarn. I was instructed by an English woman who learned to knit from her left-handed German nanny. So I carry in my left hand.

I have also been known to quilt (a lot) , bead (a lot), felt (a little), crosstitch (in the past), needle punch (a little), and some embroidery (not so much).

3 comments:

spinndiva said...

Hello! It's me spin from Ravelry!
In Germany everybody carries in the left hand ( I am German and learned form my grandma and I do it that way too) but I am always amazed at the people that "throw" the yarn instead of " picking it. I get mesmerized watching the throw....

spinndiva said...

just looked at the pictures ! They are ADORABLE... and Brigid is a very pretty girl!

Unknown said...

I'm Emily's mother. I am really proud of her accomplishments and various interests. She is the one who suckered me into learning to cave when I was in my 40's.

Can't wait to see the grandpuppies!

Mom