Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sick, but the Beat Goes On

I have been really sick over the last week and a half.  There is something going around in this part of the world, and I am just one of many that has fallen prey to it.   Last week it was just no voice and all sinus congestion.  This week, it is mostly a cough and little voice.  I overdid it on Sunday and have been paying for it.  I went to the quarterly canine networking group meeting on Sunday.  About halfway through 
the meeting, the local Beagle rescue group turned up and the place 
became a whole lot noisier.  I didn't have much voice to begin with, 
and by the end, I had none at all.  I brought Farset with me as a
socialization experience.  It is the perfect example of some of the
promotional activities we will be doing in the future.

I realized that Lagan needs more away from home activities.  Since we have had Farset, he has not been getting out much.  Plus there is an upcoming set of dog shows in March at the NC State Fairgrounds in which I want to show him.  Farset won't be old enough.  They need to be at least 6 months old.

There is a hound show in May that I am planning to show both Lagan and Farset (assuming I can get help).  In the first classes, they will be in different groups, but if they win a couple of them, they will be competing against each other, so I will need an extra handler.

Fiber-wise
I have been working on a Nalbinding square (well, actually a tube that I will cut to make it into a square).  I have gotten very excited about doing Nalbinding again.  It creates such a neat fabric.  I have all of these ideas about projects to make with it.  Like I really have time.  I have also gotten excited about all sorts of other projects too.  I just bought the new Cat Bordhi sock book which is very exciting.  I also have been excited about the idea of making wristwarmers using sock patterns.  I just don't have to do the heel part.  I also want to spin and knit a scarf for me.  I bought some more paco-vicuna fiber from Chris Switzer at SOAR this year, and I think it would be wonderful as a scarf.  I am such a "princess and the pea" kind of girl that I find almost every fiber scratchy.  I bought a relatively inexpensive 
cashmere scarf at Target and just love it.  It makes me want to make a scarf 
or two for me.  I really would like to make the DNA scarf.  I also want to make 
a lace shawl.  I love the one from Winter 2007 knitty,the Jeanie one.  I also want 
to make a shawl for my mother.  And I want to make several pairs of wrist warmers/fingerless gloves for me.

I have been walking 3 - 4 dogs a day plus the occasional pet sitting client (Jan & Feb tend to be a little slow pet sitting-wise).  It doesn't leave much time to do anything else, especially since I am behind on documenting my business finances so that I can close out the year.

So much to do, so little time. . .

No comments: