Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Time for the Giant Crate

Well, Farset is definitely too long for the large crate now.  I looked into borrowing one from someone in the local fiber arts guild, but they were either too small or of the wire variety.  I like using the plastic airline crate type because it decreases visual stimulation in addition to keeping her safe.  So, it is time to bring the Giant crate upstairs.  It means disassembling it first, bringing it up from the garage to our bedroom and then hoping that it will fit the space.   I need to 
move the large crate out of our bedroom first.  Plus I desparately need clean clothes, so I need 
to do that too.

Farset has been eating a ton of bark, paper, sticks, leaves, etc.  I have been unable to keep her away from it.  I woke up to sounds of her retching last night.  I took her outside, and surprise, surprise, it was primarily bark, paper, sticks, and leaves.  She threw up two more times this morning.  She has been having problems with diarrhea over the past week.  I have been feeding her rice and ground meat for the last 4 days.  She seems to be doing fine on it.  No more diarrhea.  She does seems to get fevers too.  I took her temperature the other day, and it was 103 (normal is around 101.5).  We have an appointment to go see the vet on Thursday.  I'll let you know what he says.  Her energy level seems unaffected.  She remains a happy & energetic puppy.  She is really enjoying playing with Lagan.   She is finally tall enough to play well with him.  She just needs to fill out a little.  Their playtime is always supervised.  On occasion, he will step on a foot or something like that and she will yelp.

No comments: